THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU IS EITHER PERSONAL TO YOU, OR IS GENERAL IN NATURE:
"Personal Information": When you register as a customer with us online, in-store or over the telephone, update your information, purchase take part in promotions or send emails to us, you provide us with information which we store and process. Such information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, purchase and transaction history, billing information, interests, and other such 'Personal Information'.
"General Information": We also receive more general information from you as a result of your visits to, and use of, the Website. This general information does not identify you personally, and can include information such as your IP address, the date and time you access the Website, length of time you spend on the Website, your browsing history (recorded by the text and graphics files that compose that page), the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website, and other such 'General Information'.
Most of our services in this Website can be used without giving us any information. However, by using our Website, such as when you contact us through the Website or make use of certain services from us such as enquiring about or buying our products or entering our promotions (whether through the Website, over the telephone or in-store), you accept that we may collect Personal Information from you for various purposes, including those mentioned above and including purposes intended to: provide you with a better service, and in particular to keep internal records; improve our products, services and this Website; communicate with you if you have ordered or purchased products from us; contact you for market research purposes; and provide you with information about new products, promotions, special offers and other information.
With regard to General Information, by using our Website, you accept that we may use that information to help us make our Website more useful to visitors, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest to visitors, and for other purposes such as determining the Website’s technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas. for tracking activity on the Website, preparing reports, assessing trends, and otherwise monitoring the way in which the Website is being used – none of which would be in a way that personally identifies any users. This information is not shared with anyone beyond the support staff for this Website, except when required by law enforcement investigation, and is used only as a source of anonymous statistical information.
NON-DISCLOSURE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
We will not share, sell or rent your Personal Information or General Information in any other manner to any third parties except when we have your permission; or if required to do so by law or any governing authority; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Damas, our customers or others; and or it is necessary to enable us to perform services requested by you.
Keeping your information secure and preventing unauthorized access is of utmost priority to us, and we take all steps reasonably necessary to protect your Personal Information against any unauthorised access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Whist we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to secure and safeguard your Personal Information and General Information, we will not be held responsible for any unauthorised access by third parties and we cannot guarantee that the Personal Information and General Information provided by you or that is transmitted via this Website or by e-mail is totally secure and safe.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Policy as well as your access to our Website is subject to and governed by the laws of United Arab Emirates as applied in the Emirate of Dubai without giving effect to conflicts of law principles thereof. Any dispute regarding this Policy or our handling of your Personal Information and General Information is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Dubai.
Please contact us at the following address if you believe that any Personal Information that we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, if you want to change any marketing preferences, or if you have any queries, complaints or recommendations about this Policy, and we will endeavor to respond to you promptly. Damas International, P.O. Box 1522, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Damas International (collectively "Damas", "we", "us", "our") is based in Dubai, UAE which owns and operates the Internet website at www.damasjewellery.com (the “Website”). By accessing and using the Website, you are expressly consenting to terms and conditions outlined on this page that are effective as of the date and time you use or access the Website (the “Terms”). Please read the Terms carefully before accessing or using the information and services available through this Website.
- These Terms will constitute a legal agreement between “you” (the user of this Website) and Damas. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with, the Terms, please kindly refrain from using this Website.
- These Terms may be modified from time to time without notice to you and you should therefore regularly review these Terms for any such modifications. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- Damas reserves the right, in its discretion, to change or modify all or any part of these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon notice published on the Website. If at any time the terms and conditions of this Agreement are no longer acceptable to you, you should immediately cease use of the Website.
- USE OF WEBSITE CONTENT
- All information, text, materials, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video and audio clips, trade marks (whether registered or not), advertisements, layout, arrangement, graphical user interface, look and feel, and control features of the Website (collectively, “Website Content”) is provided to you as a service to allow you and other users to browse our products and services.
- You are only permitted to access and use this Website for your personal, non-commercial purposes, and you must not:
- modify, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Website Content, in whole or in part, except as otherwise expressly permitted in these Terms;
- use this Website in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- use this Website to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material, including without limitation Website Content, in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trade mark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of Damas or others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others;
- sell, modify or delete the Website Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute or otherwise use the Website Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose;
- access data not intended for you or logging into a server or account which you are not authorised to access;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorisation;
- copy or adapt the HMTL code created to generate any Website Content or the pages making up the Website;
- use the Website Content impersonate or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with Damas or any other person or entity;
- use the Website Content to send unsolicited mail or email, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes regarding promotions and/or advertise of products or services;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activity being conducted on the Website, including without limitation, material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website; or
- frame or link to any Website Content or information available from the Website.
- You shall not copy, store, redistribute or publish any Website Content is permitted without the express permission of Damas.
EXTERNAL LINKS AND PROMOTIONS
- Except as otherwise expressly stated, Damas owns or is an approved licensee to the copyright and all other intellectual property contained in the Website and the Website Content, including but not limited to all text, images or links. All product names, trade names, service names, tag lines, or logotype distinguished in form, text, or otherwise from surrounding text (e.g. all capital letters), (collectively, "Marks") are trademarks owned by or licensed to Damas unless otherwise noted. The Marks on the Website are variously protected by the laws of the United Arab Emirates and other countries. No use of any of these Marks may be made without the prior, written authorization of Damas.
- The Website may contain links to other websites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties (the “External Sites”). These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Damas of the contents on such External Sites. You acknowledge that Damas is not responsible for the availability of, or the information and content of any External Site. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such external Sites. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
- The Website contains information on various sales promotions that Damas is running on its own or in conjunction with another party (“Sales Promotions”). All Sales Promotions are subject to further terms and conditions that you must comply with if you wish to enter into any Sales Promotion.
TERMINATION OF SERVICE
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Damas and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, information providers and copyright owners (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, suits, judgments, litigation costs, causes of action, demands, recoveries, damages (actual and consequential), fines, penalties, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature incurred by any Indemnified Party arising from or in any way related to your use of this Website, including, by third parties as a result of your breach of these Terms or any other terms referenced herein, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, or your use of this Website.
DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES; limitation of liability
- Damas reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability. Damas may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Website at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or Website Content, without prior notice or liability. Notwithstanding such termination or suspension, you will continue to be subject to clauses 2, 4, 5 and 7 of these Terms. Except as otherwise expressly stated in these Terms, Damas shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, termination, suspension or discontinuation of the Website.
- The Website and the Website Content (including information on Sales Promotions) are provided on an "AS-IS", “without faults” and “as available” basis and, to the extent lawful, with no warranties whatsoever. Damas expressly disclaims (to the fullest extent permitted by law) any and all express, implied, and statutory warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from computer virus, title, and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
- Damas and its personnel are not liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages or loss (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) arising out of, or in way connected with, the use or inability to use the Website and the Website Content, or inability to enter into a Sales Promotion, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or any other legal theory, and whether or not Damas is advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Without limiting the above paragraph, Damas does not accept any liability in respect of your involvement in any mediation, arbitration, tribunal hearing, court proceeding or other proceedings (of whatever nature) with any third party advertiser in any way.
- Damas does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Website Content (including any information on Sales Promotions) and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Website Content (including any information on Sales Promotions) shall be at your sole risk.
- Damas is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on this Website or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Website.
- Documents available from the web server were prepared as an account of work sponsored by a client or our own work. Neither Damas nor any client thereof, or any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
- Reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by Damas. The views and opinions of document authors do not necessarily state or reflect those of Damas or any agency thereof.
- These Terms contain everything the parties have agreed in relation to the subject matter it deals with. No party can rely on an earlier written document or anything said or done by or on behalf of another party before this document was executed.
- Each provision of these Terms is individually severable. If any provision is or becomes illegal, unenforceable or invalid in any jurisdiction it is to be treated as being severed from this document in the relevant jurisdiction, but the rest of this document will not be affected. The legality, validity and enforceability of the provision in any other jurisdiction will not be affected.
- These Terms as well as your access to our Website is subject to and governed by the laws of United Arab Emirates as applied in the Emirate of Dubai without giving effect to conflicts of law principles thereof. Any dispute regarding this Policy or our handling of your Personal Information and General Information is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Dubai.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find this Website helpful and convenient to use. If you have questions or comments regarding this website please Contact Us.
If there are any technical problems with this Website, go to Contact Us.
This document was last updated in November 2013.